This past weekend I hosted a casual-chic pizza party for a small group at our home. We had a great time catching up with our friends while enjoying delicious wine, homemade pizza and of course cheering on our beloved Washington Capitals!
I loved that this small party gave me the opportunity to play hostess and (of course more importantly) the perfect excuse to tablescape! In order to achieve a balance of casual and chic, I my table setting needed to be a mix of formal and informal. A centerpiece filled with sunflowers paired with my new favorite navy and white Williams-Sonoma napkins provided the casual spring elements that helped to balance out the more formal crystal and gold elements. Below I have shared a breakdown of both the table and menu details to show you how I achieved a party that was the perfect balance of both casual and elegant.
- DIY Herb Bouquet Place Cards
- Pier 1 Dark Brown Rattan Placemats
- Reed & Barton Soho Crystal Highball Glasses
- World Market White Wine Glasses
- Williams-Sonoma Buffalo Plaid Napkins
- Pillivuyt Basketweave Dinner Plates
- Chilewich Dahlia Coasters
- CB2 Bronn Taper Candle Holders
- Centerpiece Flowers: Sunflowers (Trader Joe's)
Every aspect of the party was super easy to create/execute, especially since I had taken the time to have everything done ahead of time (everything cooked/made/set with the exception of assembling and baking the pizzas). Being super organized is really the key to hosting a successful gathering. Regardless of size, if you are collected, organized and adequately prepped for your party, hosting will be an absolute breeze!