This chicken dish has been a favorite in my family since as long as I can remember. My siblings and I used to call this dish "Moisty Chicken" simply because it is just that! As I got older and more into cooking I amended the recipe to kick up the flavor and make it slightly healthier. This was one of the first dishes I made for my now husband when we first started dating. It's easy to make and takes less than an hour to cook including prep! This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or in my case, first home-cooked date night dinner!
- 1/2c Light Mayo
- ½ c Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 1Tbs Horseradish
- 3 shakes Tabasco
- 1c Panko
- 1c Italian Breadcrumbs
- ¼ c Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Chicken Breasts rinsed and patted dry
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees and line baking dish with aluminum foil (Non-stick and easy clean-up)
- Trim any fat, bone, tendons, etc. from chicken breasts. Then rinse chicken breast under cold water and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small to medium oblong dish - Mix the mayonnaise, greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, horseradish and Tobasco and set aside
- In a separate small to medium sized dish – mix together panko, Italian breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dip and coat your chicken in the wet mixture and then transfer to your dry mixture and generously coat. Once coated in dry mixture, transfer to your aluminum foil lined baking dish.
- Repeat Process for remaining breasts and then cook in 350 degree oven for about 35min
- Once your chicken has reached an internal temperature of 170 degrees (meat should be opaque in the center and feel firm throughout), remove from the oven and allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice on the diagonal, garnish with fresh chopped Italian parsley and serve over a bed of wild rice pilaf.