My husband has always been my best food customer when it comes to leftovers from a blog post, which I have certainly appreciated considering how much food it takes to create one food blog post there would be so much food wasted if it wasn't for him. Recently my husband has been on a granola kick courtesy of this recent recipe. I love that he is into having granola in mornings now, but of course his recent interest in granola has sparked an interest for me as well in learning how to create a healthy and affordable version.
After a bit of recipe testing I have landed on what I believe to be a really delicious and nutritious homemade granola that honestly couldn't be easier to make! This is a dump, mix, bake recipe (my personal favorite!) and I promise you wont be disappointed with the results. Here is how to make this healthy and oh so delicious breakfast cereal:
- 3 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2c Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/3c Agave
- 2 Tbs Light Muscavado Sugar
- 1/2c Raw Sliced Almonds
- 1/2c Dried Cherries
- 1/2c Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3 Tbs Flax Seeds (toasted or raw)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit and place rack on the bottom third level of the oven
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl using clean hands (my preference) or a spatula to mix ingredients until combined.
- Spread contents onto rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and stir granola around
- Place back into the oven for an additional 10-15minutes until just golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. *Note- Granola will still appear damp when first out of the oven. As it cools it will harden.
- Once cool, store granola in an air tight container. **Granola will keep for 2-3weeks