This rum bundt cake recipe has been a family staple and go-to birthday cake for years. It has been passed down from my grandmother with the original recipe (written in pencil!) still in tact. Over the years it has been a crowd favorite and the best part of this recipe (aside from being super moist and delicious) is how easy it is to make!
Rum Bundt Cake
- 1 Box Yellow Butter Cake Mix
- 1 Box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4c Rum (Bacardi Light Rum Recommended)
- 1c Milk
- 1/2c Crisco Oil
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2tsp Almond Extract
- Combine ingredients and pour into a well-greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Rum Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2c Rum
- ½ Stick Butter
- 1c Sugar
- Begin to heat glaze ingredients approximately 5 minutes before the cake is done cooking.
- Bring glaze to a boil over medium/high heat until the ingredients combine to become a consistent glaze.
- Once the glaze is boiling, pour over the hot rum cake while it is still in the Bundt pan and let it soak for 30min. **I like to place a place a cookie sheet that have lined with aluminum foil under the bundt pan prior to pouring the glaze in the event that the glaze bubbles over the edges of the bundt pan. Less mess and much easier clean-up.
After 30-45minutes, flip rum cake onto cake plate and dust with powdered sugar.
*Note- This cake gets better after it has aged for a day and develops a crunchy sugary crust.