The other day I was preparing my Lemon Dijon Herb Marinated Pork Tenderloin recipe for dinner and while the pork was an obvious and easy choice to serve, I couldn't figure out what sides would be best. I ended up settling on Organic Steamed Green Beans, because well quite frankly the ability to prepare them in a microwavable steam bag is super easy, virtually mess free and very healthy (**They taste great plain or dressed up with a little salt, pepper & fresh squeezed lemon).
While the the green beans were an easy choice, I couldn't figure out what starch to pair with this entree. I really wasn't in the mood to cook a rice pilaf or cous-cous. Finally it dawned on me to make my roasted sweet potato discs. Easy to prepare, virtually no mess associated with cooking these discs, they are a healthy option and taste delicious! Here is how i make them:
- 1-2 Sweet Potatoes (Cleaned and Dried)
- Olive Oil or Spray Canola Oil (ex. Pam or equivalent)
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Slice 1-2 Sweet Potatoes that have been cleaned and dried, into 1/4 inch discs.
- Lay sweet potato discs on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper
- Brush sweet potato discs with Olive Oil or spray discs with a quick mist of the spray canola oil (ex. Pam or equivalent)
- Lightly sprinkle discs with Salt and Pepper (or to taste)
- Bake discs for approximately 40 minutes, or until the tops start to turn a light golden brown.
**Note- These sweet potato discs are great hot or cold!**