If I am going to be completely honest, offering to host Thanksgiving actually came about because selfishly I had wanted two additional dining room chairs to complete my table. I knew that the only way I was going to be able to get those chairs would be by convincing my husband that there was a legitimate need for two additional chairs. Of course what could be a better business case than volunteering to host Thanksgiving dinner for all of our family members!?!
I did end up getting the chairs, but HOLY MOLY! I have definitely been earning those chairs over the past few weeks with all of the Thanksgiving prep work. Seriously, hats off to everyone who is hosting and those who have ever hosted Thanksgiving dinner. Pulling off a dinner of this magnitude is no easy feat and I have nothing but praise for all of you who have walked this path before me. I have been planning this dinner for some time now and not kidding, I have needed every bit of that time to get all of my ducks in a row.
Over the weekend I put the finishing touches on my Thanksgiving Tablescape and am thrilled to not only have this task checked off my to-do list, but also be able to share all of the details with you today! I am over the moon in love with the way this table has come together. It speaks to the Fall season and my personal style (elegant but not too stuffy). Below I have compiled a list of everything I used to "scape" this beautiful setting with sources included for each item.
- Placemats- Pier 1 Dark Brown Round Rattan Placemats
- Chargers- World Market Driftwood Chargers
- Dinner Plates- Pillivuyt Basketweave Dinner Plates
- Accent Plates- Williams-Sonoma Acorn Dinnerware Collection
- Steak Knives- Vagabond House Natural Antler Handle Steak Knife Set (or see here)
- Napkins- CB2 Uno Natural Linen Napkin
- Napkin Rings- Nate Berkus for Target, Gold and Gem Accent Napkin Rings
- Water Glasses- CB2 Marta Olive Green Double Old-Fashioned Glass
- Wine Glasses- William Yeoward Fanny Goblet
- Coasters- Chilewich Dahlia Coasters, Brass
- Candle Holders- CB2 Bronn Candle Holder
- Votives- Tiffany & Co. Rock Cut Votives
- Placecard Holders- Pinecones from Amazon.com
- Place Cards- Caspari Gold Leaf Place Cards
- Glam Pumpkins - See This Post
- Twig Balls- See This Post
For those of you who have been following along as I take you through all of my Thanksgiving preparations, you may have noticed that there are only 6 seats here and wondering where the additional 3 guests will be sitting. Stay tuned for Wednesday's post! I will be sharing my mini tablescape addition I will be using to accommodate my remaining 3 guests. Great ideas to come on creative seating solutions that will still have every guest feeling like they've received the red carpet treatment.