Let's face it, starting those healthy New Years resolutions the morning after you have been up super later drinking champagne and singing Auld Lang Syne. My personal recommendation for this morning? Invite your friends over for a few New Years Day nibbles! For me, a cheesescape is an easy last minute party spread that I can whip together in no time. Below are some ideas for how to go about putting together your New Years Day cheesescape.
- Cheeses: Humbolt Fog by Cypress Grove, Midnight Moon by Cypress Grove, Vermont Creamery's Roasted Red Pepper Spreadable Goat Cheese, Jasper Hill Creamery's Alpha Tolman
- Preserves: Dalmatia Fig Spread
- Fruits: Dried (Apple Juice Infused) Cranberries, Fresh Blackberries, Fresh Comice Pear Slices
- Herbs: Fresh Oregano and Lime Leaves
- Crackers/Crisps: 34 Degrees Natural and Poppy Seed Crisps, Whole Foods Rosemary Crostini
- Cured Meat: Sliced Chorizo (each slice cut in half and rolled)
- Nuts: Gourmet Marcona Almonds
When I was a kid, my parents (like many) would go out on New Years Eve. To help make New Years special for my siblings and me, they would get an assortment of hats and noise makers to surprise us with in the morning on New Years Day. This was always one of my favorite traditions during this time of year.
Since we are ringing in the start of 2016 (and I am clearly still a kid at heart), I would recommend incorporating a few festive decor items that aid in creating a celebratory vibe while serving up this cheesescape.
As you can see, I am not perfect and my "Happy New Year" banner is still a work in progress. Luckily, I have a bit of time to get my act together before my guests arrive. I hope you all had a wonderful New Years Eve. I know I did and I can't tell you how much i'm looking forward to sharing another fun and delicious year with you all on Redefining Domestics. Happy 2016 Everyone!!!!