Lately I have been getting a little tired of my go-to Kettle Greyhound (Vodka & Grapefruit Juice on ice). It is a great cocktail- very refreshing, most restaurants/bars can make it for you and most importantly (for me) its not too sweet. I am not a fan of super sweet cocktails primarily because the combination of alcohol and sugar tends to bring on a nasty headache in the morning.
Clearly I have digressed a little, but my point being that I have come up with a new cocktail recipe that is delicious, perfect for winter when citrus is in abundance and most importantly, not too sweet! Who doesn't love a good cocktail recipe? Here is the recipe for making this delicious libation:
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 12 oz. Blood Orange Juice **Blood Orange Juice is definitely less expensive in grocery stores, but if you can't find it locally, here is a link for buying it online.
- 4oz Premium Cranberry Juice (I like R.W. Knudsen Just Cranberry)
- 12 oz. Club Soda or Seltzer Water (Perrier is a great option)
- 1 Lemon (I suggest Meyer Lemons- they tend to be juicier)
- 8-12 oz. Citron/Citroen Vodka (Absolut or Ketel One would be my preference for this recipe)
- 2 oz. Cointreau (Orange Liqueur)
- Ice (*Tip-Blood Orange Flavored Ice Cubes are a great addition to this cocktail)
- Blood Orange Slices (Frozen) or Fresh Cranberries (Skewered and Frozen) or Simple & Crisp - Dried Blood Orange Crisps
- In a large pitcher combine- Blood Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Vodka, Cointreau, Club Soda and the Juice of 1 Meyer Lemon
- Stir Contents and pour over ice
- Garnish with either frozen blood orange slices, frozen cranberry skewers or Simple & Crisp Dried Blood Orange Crisps
(*Note- I also like to add extra frozen blood orange slices to my pitcher to keep the beverages extra cold without diluting the flavor)