Thinking up quick and easy Summer hors d'oeuvre ideas for entertaining isn't always easy. Summer is a hot and very humid time of year in DC and when I think appetizers/hors d'oeuvres, my repertoire of recipes tends to consist of foods that are served hot (not too appetizing for this time of year).
After spending quite a bit of time researching and taste testing hors d'oeuvre ideas for summer, I have come up with an Herbed Feta Appetizer that easy to make and has a delicious flavor profile. Best part? This is a no-bake recipe, which makes it the perfect cool and refreshing hors d'oeuvre to serve during the hot Summer months.
- Block of Feta Cheese
- Fresh Dill (about 1 Tbs)
- Fresh Chives (about 1 Tbs)
- 1 Lemon
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Maldon Sea Salt
- Baguette (Sliced thin on the diagonal and toasted)
- Place block of feta on a serving dish that has raised edges (like this CB2 Bento Plate)
- Pull leaves off of dill stems and sprinkle on top of feta cheese
- Using a pair of kitchen sheers, snip chives into finely cut pieces and sprinkle on top of cheese
- Using a microplane, zest one half of a lemon over the top of the feta block
- Then drizzle a high quality olive oil on top of the feta block
- Garnish with freshly cracked pepper and Maldon Sea Salt
- Serve with freshly toasted baguette slices and/or 34 Degrees Crisps
**Note- If desired, the addition of Capers and/or Diced Kalamata Olives to the top of this herb feta cheese block would also pair beautifully.