The first year my husband and I were dating, I knew I didn't want to go overboard with gifts for Valentine's Day since our relationship was still fairly new. Instead, I wanted to put together a fun and delicious dessert activity for us post dinner. While on Pinterest, I came across the idea of "Love You S'more," a DIY Valentine's Day S'more bar. I absolutely loved this concept and immediately got to work prepping this sweet Valentine's day surprise. The end result was a rather large cellophane bag filled with marshmallows, graham crackers and Hershey chocolate bars, tied up with cute ribbon and 2 roasting sticks attached to the bow. My husband absolutely loved the gift and we had a great time making s'mores on our first Valentine's Day together (complete with roasting marshmallows over a hot coil stove….it's all we had at the time and all I can say is that it definitely worked!).
In an effort to be thoughtful and romantic this year, I have decided to recreate the dessert from our first Valentine's Day together. However, this year I am putting a little spin on my "Love You S'more." Instead of sharing a romantic moment roasting marshmallows over a coil stove, I have decided to create a s'more dip to be served with a side of graham crackers. This is super easy to make, absolutely delicious and perfect for sharing. Here is how I went about making this delicious treat:
- 1 Jar of Coops Hot Fudge
- Jet Puffed Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Turn your oven on to "Broil"
- In a 6.5 inch skillet, heat 1 jar of Coop's Hot Fudge over medium-low heat stirring intermittently (approx 3-5 min)
- Once hot fudge is heated throughout, remove from stove and sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of the hot fudge
- Then stand jet-puffed marshmallows on top of hot fudge mixture, making sure to cover the entire surface (about 21 marshmallows)
- To achieve the charred look, I used a kitchen torch to lightly singe the tops
- Once tops are slightly singed, place skillet under the broiler for approximately 2-4 minutes, until marshmallows are puffed and tops are golden brown
- Remove from oven and serve along side a dish of graham crackers
**Note- To take this dessert to the next level, I recommend pairing this "Love You S'more" skillet with a bottle of Napa Cellars V Collection Carneros Pinot Noir. Red wine is notorious for pairing beautifully with chocolate and the lighter fruit of this Pinot Noir grape will accentuate the chocolate flavors, but won't overpower the other s'more flavors.
A few other accessories to consider when serving this spread: