I love gifting my friends with fun treats on Valentine's Day. Just some small token of appreciation, wrapped up in cute paper with a thoughtful note. Last year I must admit that I was a little overwhelmed with the blog launch + Super Bowl Party + Valentine's Day. So in an effort to save time, I ended up buying pre-made chocolate covered heart brownies for my friends for Valentine's Day . While they were certainly delicious, they were really expensive and way more than I should be spending on little Valentine's treats.
In an effort to be a little more financially prudent this year, I have decided to make my own heart-shaped brownie bites. These bites are delicious, easy to make, economical and so flipping cute! Definitely a unique and delicious treat that almost any Valentine would love to receive.
- Make the brownie mix per the instructions on the back of the packaging
- Pour batter onto a jelly roll pan that has been lined with aluminum foil and greased with spray cooking oil (ex. PAM)
- Bake for about 20 min at 325 degrees fahrenheit or until toothpick comes out clean
- Once baked, remove from oven and flip onto a cooling rack removing aluminum foil carefully
- Once cooled, transfer brownie sheet to a large cutting board
- Use the heart shaped cookie cutters to create mini heart brownies and set aside
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips (stirring contents every 30 seconds until melted)
- Add 3-5 drops of red food coloring to the melted chocolate and stir until desired pink color is achieved
- Dip brownie hearts in melted pink chocolate and set on a cooling rack to harden
- Serve and enjoy!