Since we are still in the midst of National Heart Health Month, I thought it would be great to share a very easy and heart healthy recipe with you all today. Parmesan & Herb Encrusted Salmon is a dish that I discovered a few years ago and have been a huge fan of this dish ever since! In addition to the nutritional benefits of this dish, I also love that you can make the parmesan and herb mixture ahead of time, and then use it throughout the week to cook single or multiple servings (*the parmesan & herb mixture is enough for 8 filets). Here is how I make this delicious, easy and healthy protein:
- 5oz Container Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Dill
- Fresh Oregano
- Fresh Italian Flat Leave Parsley
- Salmon Filet (1-8)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Lightly pat salmon filets dry and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then set aside.
- In a mini food processor (or in a bowl with a pair of kitchen sheers) combine enough herbs to yield approximately 2Tbs of Chopped Parsley, 2Tbs Chopped Dill and 2Tbs Chopped Oregano.
- Pulse a few times in the mini food processor to ensure that all herbs are sufficiently chopped and combined.
- Add one 5oz Container of Grated Parmesan Cheese to the herb mixture and pulse a few times until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Top each salmon filet with approximately 2-3 Tbs of the cheese and herb mixture, making sure to gently press the mixture into the salmon filet with your fingers.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. **Easy trick to test for doneness- If you gently press your finger onto the top of the salmon filet, it should easily flake apart.