My husband and I have always enjoyed a good bag of popcorn while watching a movie at home, but I was never a fan of the fact that I couldn't control all of the ingredients going into my popcorn. A few years back, my husband and I decided to get a Hot Air Popcorn Maker. At the time, I wasn't sure if we would end up using the popcorn maker often enough to justify the purchase. I thought that maybe we would have popcorn every once in a while, but that would be the extent of our popcorn adventures.
While shopping at Williams-Sonoma for cookware one day, I was offered a sample of popcorn by an associate. It was the most deliciously spicy piece of popcorn! I had to know how it was made and the associate shared with me that it had come from their Chipotle Spicy Rub (that was typically used for meats). Brilliant! I bought the spiced rub and Chipotle Popcorn quickly became our go-to snack of choice.
Over time my curiosity for new popcorn flavor combinations has continued to grow and I have come up with a variety of flavor combinations. Today I am sharing 3 of my favorite flavor combinations that are delicious and easy to make. While there is nothing better than a classic bowl of popcorn, these 3 flavor combinations are certainly tasty alternatives.
Cinnamon Toast Popcorn
- Pop kernels in air popper and set aside in a large bowl
- In a second bowl, combine both sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside
- In a small sauce pan, melt down butter, add white chocolate chips and stir until mixture is completely melted together
- Remove from heat, pour white chocolate over popcorn, mix to combine
- Add sugar mixture to popcorn and mix to combine
- Spread the popcorn mixture out on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil to dry for 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy
Parmesan, Parsley and Truffle Oil Popcorn
- 1/2c Popcorn (Freshly Popped)
- 2tsp Chipotle Seasoning
- Olive Oil (Bottle is fine, but spray olive oil works best)
- Pinch of Maldon Smoked Sea Salt (*to taste)
- Pop kernels in an air popper
- Lightly spray (or drizzle) olive oil over the top of popcorn
- Sprinkle 1tsp of Chipotle Rub and mix contents
- Lightly spray top of popcorn again with olive oil
- Sprinkle second teaspoon of Chipotle Rub and mix contents
- Garnish with Smoked Maldon Sea Salt to taste