I am a self-admitted chocoholic (*yep, chocoholic is a real word! Who knew?!?). I love dark chocolate desserts (see here and here) and honestly, the more chocolate the better! Recently I developed a new cookie recipe, that might be my favorite cookie recipe to date. Why? It's easy to make, requires very few ingredients, can potentially be made to be Gluten Free and definitely hits the spot when I am having a serious chocolate craving. This recipe can best be described as "cookie meets brownie." Served with a scoop of ice cream, these cookies will be the perfect dessert to serve at my next dinner party.
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 5 Real Egg Whites (*Not egg white substitute)
- 1 1/2 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Mini or Regular)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and move oven rack to top third position in oven
- In a large bowl combine sugar, cocoa powder and salt
- Add Chocolate chips to dry mixture and stir
- Add egg whites and vanilla extract to bowl
- With a fork, mix bowl contents until just combined (do not over mix)
- Scoop dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake on top rack for 10-12minutes
- Remove from oven, allow 5-10minutes to cool, serve and enjoy!