With Valentine's Day less than two weeks away, preparations for this day of romance have officially commenced! I know that many disregard Valentine's Day as the "Hallmark Holiday," but I really enjoy having fun with this holiday. Sure you should celebrate your significant other all year long, but it's still fun to have a day that's strictly devoted to love and romance.
This Valentine's Day I have a few fun and festive projects planned, starting with the most basic and essential…decorating my bar cart! I know this sounds a little ridiculous (and maybe it is), but I plan on serving up a very special champagne bar cart on Valentine's Day to enjoy with my husband before dinner. There is nothing more romantic and elegant (in my opinion) than enjoying a delicious bottle of champagne together. To get my bar cart holiday ready, I am going to start with the decorations. Specifically, this adorable DIY Valentine's Day garland made out of colored paper. It's easy to make and really adds a festive feel to any space.
What you will need...
- Red and Pink Printer Paper
- Stack 2 sheets of red paper and 2 sheets of pink paper together, ordering them either pink-red-red-pink or red-pink-pink-red
- With a pencil and ruler, draw straight lines across the width of the paper on top of the stack, spacing the lines approximately 1 inch apart.
- Keeping the stack together, cut into strips
- Take one stack of strips and staple each end together, thus collating the 4 pieces together
- Using scissors, cut the strip in half so that you have two 4 1/4" collated stacks
- Take one mini stack (Stack #1), peel down the two exterior strips and staple them together at the base and set aside
- Repeat step #6 with a second mini stack
- Take Stack #1, bend the ends of the two interior strips inward, insert the tail of Stack #2 in-between the inverted ends from Stack #1 and staple together
- Repeat this process until desired length is achieved. Reference images for more explicit directions on how to assemble garland.
**Next week I will be unveiling my Valentine's Day Edition Bar Cart on the blog! So stay tuned!